I got the idea of this baked melted cheese macaroni recipe from a store near our school when I was still in high school. Credits to Coke stand. Everyone in our school calls it melted cheese because the distinct feature of the meal, is the oozing cheese melting above the macaroni. So I tried making it at home. At first I thought it would be as easy as what I have observed, just adding the ingredients all together then bake. I had quite a number of failures doing it, before I learned the almost perfect taste. But for all of you who wants to try it at home, here’s the list of ingredients and the steps below (my version):
- 450g elbow macaroni, boiled as instructed in the packaging
- 500g ground pork, seasoned and sauteed in garlic until brown and set aside
- 5 medium sized green tomato, deseeded and minced
- 5 medium sized white onions minced
- 1 big box of Magnolia Quickmelt cheese, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup of evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ground black pepper
- butter for the pan
- Brush butter all over the baking pan that you’ll be using.
- Make sure to prepare all ingredients as instructed above.
- In a big bowl, mix all ingredients together, the cooked macaroni and ground pork, minced tomatoes and onions, salt, pepper and milk.
- Lay everything in the baking pan and top with the sliced cheese as many as you want. The cheesier the better. You may also want to layer them; pasta mixture – top with cheese – pasta mixture – top with cheese.
- Bake at 180 ºC until cheese melts.
- Serve and add more pepper.