Do you want a chewy fudgy chocolate brownie? Just like me, I prefer the fudgy ones. This is not the usual dry crumbly chocolate brownie but rather it is fudgy, chewy and has a thin crust on top which I love. I searched and read some brownie recipes over the internet. And as I was exploring, I found this recipe from Life Made Simple . It is very easy to follow. In this recipe I used chocolate chips and not cocoa powder unlike in my previous brownie recipe. And one tip is to beat the eggs to create that crusty top and chewy in the inside brownies.
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 stick unsweetened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- a pinch of salt
- Heat butter and sugar in a double boiler until butter and sugar melts. Then add your chocolate chips until it melts. Whisk and mix them well.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla. Set aside.
- On a separate bowl, add and mix the dry ingredients (flour, cornstarch and salt).
- Beat the eggs one by one until fluffy. But do not over beat. Get your chocolate-butter mixture then add it to the beaten eggs. Mix them together.Mixing the chocolate – butter mixture with the dry ingredients
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix them well until no flour pockets can be found.
- Spread the batter evenly on your prepared baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- To check if its done and ready, insert a toothpick and once it comes out clean, your brownies are ready!
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 30 minutes before slicing them into squares.
- Enjoy your crusty fudgy brownies! 🙂
Here’s another brownie session I had using muffin tins and topping it with chocolate chips on top!