Jollibee’s macaroni soup has been a part of my meal when I eat there. That is if I have an extra moolah. 😀 I just love the creamy texture, and the vegetables. While I was waiting for hubby to meet me in Jollibee It Park, I can’t help but order their macaroni soup. I contemplated on the flavors and ingredients they used and a thought came to me. Why not trying cooking my creamy macaroni soup version at home! So here it goes:
- 200 grams elbow macaroni
- chicken breast
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 tbsp white onion minced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 small can evaporated milk
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
- 3 pcs cooked ham diced
- salt and pepper
- Fill saucepan with water and season with a teaspoon of salt and oil. Add the chicken breast.
- Then add the macaroni and vegetables (carrots and corn) in the boiling water until cooked.
- Remove the chicken, macaroni and vegetables from the saucepan. And save the broth for later.
- Slice chicken meat thinly.
- On a separate saucepan, saute onions in butter.
- Add flour and gradually add milk, chicken-macaroni broth, macaroni and the vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir constantly until thickened.